You Are Reading

Do you remember the Singapore Pledge?

It says:

We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation

I really don't give a shit on who you are voting for, as long as you understand why you are voting for them, what they mean to you as a citizen of Singapore, and how they will help us get to this.

Personally, I am torn. I was telling Robin that day that I fully understand what both parties contesting in my estate stand for. They both have policies I agree and disagree with. End of the day, it's which policies that hold importance to me - and I now see that the two different spectrums to which I agree will never reconcile and meet because they probably contridict each other.

And I'm not comfortable making that trade-off.
But this is a good problem to have - to decide.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.